Making an Appointment
We thank you for choosing UAMS Neurology to care for your patients. Due to the complex nature of neurological care, we require physician referrals for all consultations. This ensures that patients are seen by the right subspecialist in an appropriate time frame. For new outpatient referrals, a referral form and supporting documentation should be faxed to the Appointment Center at (501) 686-7518. Neurology new patient scheduling can be reached at (501) 686-8000.
- A completed UAMS Neurology Referral Form
- A patient demographic sheet including insurance information
- Insurance referral form
- A physician evaluation of the referring diagnosis
- We do not accept ER referrals or evaluations performed by ER physicians
- Records from any previous neurologists
- Pertinent testing reports including MRI, EEG, VEEG, EMG, NCS, etc.
- Consultations for multiple sclerosis require a MRI (with and without contrast) that has been done within the last year
- Epilepsy referrals require reports from the last MRI and EEG performed
- Films or CDs of imaging studies should be brought to the appointment for review
- Any treatments that have been done and responses to those treatments
Once we receive the above documentation, referrals are reviewed by a neurologist and the patient is then contacted to schedule an appointment. After an appointment has been made, the referring clinic is notified of the appointment.
For urgent referrals, patients requiring admission, or to discuss a patient by phone, referring doctors can always reach a Neurology physician through the UAMS Physician Call Center at (501) 686-8000. Press 1 to go into the Physician Call Center, and then press 2 for the nurse who will contact the UAMS neurologist.
Thank you, again, for choosing UAMS Neurology!